Effective June 30, 2013, Plus Plus Tutoring is lowering its registration fee from $35.00 to $15.00. This will make our services more attractable to lower income families.
At Plus Plus Tutoring, we charge registration fees to pay administrative expenses and ensure that all customers signing up for our services are serious.
If you have any questions prior to signing up, please contact us
or request a call back
. Please view our rates
before signing up. You may sign up using our online sign up form
• Category: General
• Posted by: Anton
Plus Plus Tutoring now accepts Bitcoin
and Litecoin transactions. If you haven't heard about Bitcoin and Litecoin yet, they are decentralized e-currencies. With Bitcoin, there is no need for minting or printing currency, no need for banks and payment processors, and no need for paper currency of financial instruments.
One may send Bitcoins or Litecoins simply by sending coins to a given address. You may buy bitcoins on an exchange such as MtGox
. You may also acquire coins from persons locally. Be careful not to purchase Bitcoin or Litecoin with a credit card, debit card, or Paypal because the transactions are not reversible. Please hold your Bitcoins and Litecoins in a secure e-wallet.
At Plus Plus Tutoring, we now accept Bitcoin and Litecoin as payment. However, we do not yet have an automated system. You would need to contact us
to pay with Bitcoin or Litecoin and we will provide you with an address.
If you are a tutor, contractor, or employee of Plus Plus Tutoring, we can also pay you with Bitcoin or Litecoin. Please contact us.
Due to AML restrictions, we will need you to send a high definition copy of your driver's license or another form of legal identification along with your date of birth.
For security purposes, we may delay Bitcoin or Litecoin transactions for a reasonable time.
• Category: General
• Posted by: Anton
Plus Plus Tutoring is offering major discounts
until May 31, 2013. All tutoring services will costs only $30/hour until May 31, 2013. The reason we are running this promotion is to help students prepare for the end of grade, end of course, and other end of year examinations. We are also trying to spread the word about Plus Plus Tutoring.
These discounts do not apply to the registration fee, out of area fee, and learning disability fee. The discounts only apply to newly registered clients and not existing clients. However, as of now. the discounts will extend beyond May 31, 2013.
• Category: General
• Posted by: Anton
Having a strongly organized and well structured CV is essential to improving your chances of employment; competition for any job is tough at the moment, and you need to find ways to make yourself stand out for your ideal job
- this means paying attention to the details of your CV, and remembering what kind of impression you can make on a potential employer through the structure of your CV. It's important to follow some simple presentational rules for your CV, as well as avoiding some common mistakes that can lead to you being put into the 'no' pile by employers.
Presenting Crucial Information
First, remember to put all of your crucial personal information in the header of your CV - this should include your name, phone number, and email - your address probably isn't necessary, and can always be added later before an interview. Make your name bold and a larger font than the rest of your CV, but ensure that you use a neutral font. You may also want to include a brief 'about me' section below your contact details, which might offer one or two lines about your career goals.
Knowing How to Structure Information
The best CVs arguably keep things simple, which means having a few crucial sections that tell an employer about your work history and your education; put your work information first, and structure past jobs in order from your most recent - you might also want to include a few brief lines about areas of responsibility in those jobs, and any awards. Your education section should be brief and to the point, and should also be listed in reverse chronological order, starting with your most recent qualifications.
Only the Most Essential Information
Depending on the job you're applying for, you'll have different options for how much information you include; if it's a low paid, temporary job, then a five page CV probably isn't the best idea - look to trim out any information that's not immediately relevant to the position that you're applying for - this might include a part time job from when you're 16, as well as any hobbies. Personal information like hobbies shouldn't really be part of a professional CV, and can give the impression that you're padding out your lack of work experience.
Revise Your CV
Don't just rely on one CV for every job you apply for. Depending on the job, you want to adjust information - if applying for an office job, expand on any related experience with a few extra lines about responsibilities. You also need to look at any job or CV specifications on an employer's website, as they may only want a maximum of pages - make sure you don't overlook this information, as it can damage your application if ignored.
Never send off a CV until you've seen what it looks like when printed; does the font you've used look okay, and do you need to revise your spacing? If it's difficult to read, separate out long sections and use more spacing, but don't make it look like you're stretching out information to fill pages. Moreover, get someone else to look over it, and always proofread to avoid making some unnecessary errors.
• Category: General
• Posted by: Eva
Business is the ruling force behind any economy. The ability of any economy to perform business successfully boosts its growth. When the economy is broken down into regional performances and further individual performances, you realize that performances of businesses are not equal. Some of these businesses perform specifically well and their profit margins commendable. However, some companies perform poorly; not because they lack the necessary workforce to pull strings together and make these profits, but have lacked the required executive education that the performing offer to their managers. There are steps that business executives need to follow before enrolling their employees for executive education.
An executive education is a graduate based courses offered to business executives such as managers, CEOs and COOs to quip them with knowledge on how to increase performance and come up with solutions to would be problems. Colleges and universities worldwide tailor this course in line with the emerging trends in the business market. This allows the executives to react to any situation that might occur to the business. Executive education is important for a variety of reasons. Business leaders encourage companies to offer such types of educations to their employees if they need better results.
Many view executive education as a motivation to work better and give out better performances. Many managers, who have undertaken this program, prove worthy of making the business grow. Business owners should understand that the world of business is so competitive that any cutthroat results to fierce consequences of the competition. Education is the best-known way of increasing knowledge apart from experience. Executive education serves the same purpose. It motivates the employee to face challenges with more enthusiasm and courage other than letting the challenge cripple down the business. A motivated work force does more work and accomplishes several goals within a short period of time.
Notification of employees
A number of factors have to come into play if employees are to enroll for such classes. First and most important, is the goal the company wants to achieve. The company should converse with its employees and make them understand what the company is seeking to achieve in the next period of their calendar. After this, they ought to know which of their employees are capable of handling the responsibility at hand. This is important as it cuts down on expenditure and makes the company viable of considering whether they should enroll for the executive classes or not.
Discussion and implementation
The company can then go ahead with its discussions. This time not with the employees, but with executive education professionals to help them gauge know which courses are suitable for the employees. Discussions with the professionals should also include the period in which the courses will not interfere with the business's operations. Executive education is a short-term solution to business situations. With all these steps ready and at par with the business's coordination, the business can then let their employees learn. Completion of the course requires that the employees indulge themselves into finding solutions.
Author's Bio: Alisa Martin is a freelance writer, professional blogger, and social media enthusiast. Her blog Onlinecollegecourses.com
focuses on Education bloggers. You can follow her on Google+
• Category: General
• Posted by: Alisa
It is but normal for parents to always want the best for their kids. Most parents would wish their kids to excel in school and in any other activities; however, there are also parents who do not want to expect too much from their children for as long as they are assured that their kids are doing their best, especially in their studies. Unfortunately, there are kids who experience more disappointments and frustrations in academics than any other children. If this sounds like your child, read further to know the signs that your child needs a tutor.
Lack of Interest
A child who loses interest in their studies will never run out of alibis for not doing their homework or for not studying even when an exam is approaching. Some parents even resort to bribery and punishment just to force their children to study or to do their homework. However, despite all these efforts the child still comes home with a poorly rated school card in their hands.
Lack of Confidence
When your child receives their card and sees that their grades are poor, then he/she will then complain the subjects were just too difficult for them. This complaint will also be followed with a claim that he/she just cannot achieve good grades no matter how much they try. This lack of confidence will also manifest when the child refuses to study because she claims everything is just too complicated for her.
Lack of Attention
Another indication that your child badly needs a tutor is when his/her teacher complains about their inattentiveness. For example, your child may often be found talking to their classmates even when the teacher is still discussing. He/she may also often be caught reading some other books instead of the one required by the teacher. Another example could be when your child spends more time doodling instead of listening to his teacher’s lessons. Another worse indication that your child has to be tutored is when he is often caught sleeping during class hours.
Wrong Answers / Unfinished Homework
Even if your child spends a lot of time working on their homework, he/she may still end up with the wrong answers. There are even times when he/she will never be able to finish answering his assignments because they give up on it and because of that, they claim they don’t have the right answers.
Showing Signs of Test Anxiety
Your child talks about his upcoming Math Test and expresses doubts that he/she is going to pass the test. As the “big day” approaches, you will find your child having complaints of an upset stomach. You will also find him biting his nails more often than before, and during the actual exam day, he/she becomes even more anxious and nervous that the lose their appetite for breakfast.
Refuses to Talk about School
When you notice that your child refuses to talk about anything that entails about his studies or about his school, then they need a tutor
. Moreover, whenever your child is asked about any school event, they will tend to look away and signal you to change the topic. It is because the thought of school and studies will only bring about too much anxiety.
This post was contributed by Hannah M. To find out what things cost, visit her website
• Category: General
• Posted by: Hannah
All parents inevitably reach the point where they feel their children are smarter than them. Your son or daughter shoves a homework assignment in your direction while you are preparing dinner, you look down at a complicated graph, and your mind goes blank. You will want to help, but you won’t be sure how. Situations like this are the best time to consider furthering your education with online classes
The best and most unique aspect of online classes is flexibility. The college or university works to fit your needs instead of the other way around. Classes can be accessed at any time, so you don’t need to worry about fitting yet another item into your agenda. Simply take your class when it is most convenient for you. Some universities even offer apps or mobile access so you can work on the go.
These schools are also flexible in how many classes you want to take. If you started a degree in the past, your credits will be transferred. Some universities will grant credit for your real-world work experience. The ambitious can complete an associate’s, a bachelor’s, a master’s, or a doctoral degree without having to take time away from a career or raising children. However, if you just want to become more familiar with one subject, you can pay per class and improve a skill.
Many mistake online education as being less respected than attending a traditional college or university. The truth is quite the contrary. With accredited schools like University of Phoenix and Ashford University offering courses online, you still get the quality education you are looking for. Online universities have a large range of degrees available, everything from business administration to graphic design. The innovative online platforms these universities provide allow students to communicate with professors and complete group work with fellow students via chat room and email. You still have the benefits of studying on a college campus, but instead of sitting in a cramped classroom listening to a lecture with a group of twentysomethings, you can replay the lecture in the comfort of your home until you fully understand the material.
Don’t let your children outsmart you. Finish a degree you started in the past or learn something new. Increasing your own education will emphasize the importance of earning a degree to your children and will leave you less embarrassed the next time your kids ask for help on an assignment.
Veronica Mason has worked as an academic adviser since graduating from Washington University in St. Louis with a degree in education. She enjoys learning about innovations in education, particularly online classes
• Category: General
• Posted by: Veronica
India is counted among large democratic countries around the world. Since the change in education delivery system, education system in India
implemented new strategies and modules to assure improvement in providing education. The demand of education in this country is huge and students are looking for quality information to support their academic career.
Therefore, it was necessary to extract the genuine information and put it together for the students. Experts of education board believe that new ideas are beginning to show drastic improvements in ascending the education level to the top. Transformation is beginning in the grass root level of education board. Education experts in India have come established the fact that using modern learning system in pre-school education system would build a strong foundation of development. These new learning methodologies include:
• Skills presentation
• Software drives for skill enhancement
Indian government has discovered that without proper financial endowment, it is impossible to achieve academic success. Therefore, the expense criteria for education have expanded. And every financial year, the cost is rising in this sector. However, the returns are sufficient enough to follow this procedure. Most of the money is used in improvising new strategies for education system.
This bold step from government has reduced the level of drop outs from school in rural areas. As new facilities are presented in schools and colleges, students are getting inspired to pursue higher education. According to statistics, at the end of 2012, financial endowment for education in India would reach $70 billion.
Efforts to Attract Private Organizations
Indian government is designing education system to attract private organizations to invest and support the education board. Corporation with private companies would not only improve the education system but also open the doors of job opportunity for students.
As private organization are linked with modern business and education market, therefore, they would easily help Indian education board to understand the ascent and decent of world market and prepare study material for benefit of the students. A few multinational companies who are showing affinity towards participating in the education delivery system of India are:
According to the latest survey done in the year of 2011, national literacy rate in India was 74.07%. Survey shows that one of the drawbacks of Indian education system is difference in education delivery process in rural and urban areas. The percentage of woman literacy in India is 65%. It is a big difference in comparison to the male literacy rate of 82%.
Among the states of this democratic country, Kerala owns the highest literacy rate, which is 93%.
Technical education for career oriented courses have shown prospect in providing best future path to students. Therefore, Indian education board has established new institutions to offer students best quality technical education. The number of technical education graduates in the year 2011 has reached 700,000. A few popular institutions that have supported education system in India are:
• Institution of Engineers
• Institution of Industrial Engineers
• Institution of Mechanical Engineers
• Institute of Town Planners
• Institution of Electronics and Tele-Communication Engineers
• Indian Institute of Metals
• Institution of Chemical Engineering
• Indian Institute of Architects
Author’s Bio: After a thorough research on Indian education system and student learning outcomes, the educational consultant, blogger and writer, Roxy Jones has written his experience in this blog. He travels throughout India to search new and important facts and educational stories to jot them down in his blogs, articles and website.
• Category: General
• Posted by: Roxy
A lot of times, people think that one of the criterion for a great college is that it has a very famous reputation. While it is true that many top-notch schools are usually quite popular and thus very well-known, this isn’t always the case. In fact, if you were to take a closer look, you’d quickly find that there are many excellent colleges and universities all over the nation—colleges that offer strong academic programs, that are affordable, and that have many other great qualities. However, you’d also find that many of these were schools you’d never heard of! In order to get you looking more deeply at all of your options, we’ve compiled a list of ten of the nation’s very best (but not very well known) schools.
1. Bard College: Though it has grown somewhat in popularity in recent years, Bard College still isn’t one of the first names that spring to mind when you think of colleges—and that’s really too bad. Too many people knowing about this awesome school would ruin the very things that make it awesome—the small class sizes, the tucked away New York location, and the intimate relationships that are formed there. Bard is a school for serious thinkers and intellectuals, and most classes take creative and unique approaches to learning. It’s not your typical state or party school, but it is one where you can go for an educational experience like no other.
2. Goucher College: “Goucher College” doesn’t roll off the tongue very easily, and maybe that’s why not too many people know about this exceptional school. Nestled in Towson, Maryland, Goucher College is known for its super-small class sizes. There are only, on average, about nine students to every professor, allowing for some serious one-on-one time and hands-on attention! Students can choose from over 30 different majors, financial aid is widely available, and every student has to study abroad in order to earn a degree. If you want to expand your view of the world, then Goucher College is for you!
3. Appalachian State University: If you’re a nature lover—namely the mountains—you’ll love Appalachian State or “App State” as the locals fondly call it. This school is located right in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains and, despite the awesome location, manages to keep tuition costs on the low side. The average tuition cost is around $9,984 per year for residents. There are over 100 majors to choose from, top-ranked graduate programs, sports, and so much more!
4. Bates College: Talk about living in beauty! Bates Colleges is situated in gorgeous Lewiston, Maine. It’s close enough to Portland that students can find the nightlife if they go looking, but far enough away to lend the campus it’s relaxed, sleepy quality. Don’t let the tranquility fool you into thinking there’s nothing going on here though. At Bates, you can find active clubs, sports, and at the heart of it all, the kind of community and intimate relationships that can only be found on a small campus.
5. Cornell College: No no, not that Cornell. We’re talking about little Cornell College in Mount Vernon, Iowa. What makes this place so special is its diversity! You wouldn’t expect some college in Iowa to be full of people from all over the place, but this one is. In fact, a whopping 80% of current students are not native Iowans. If you are someone who gets easily overwhelmed, then this is definitely a good choice for you. The school gives students the opportunity to take only class at a time and to still complete an undergraduate degree in four years or less!
6. Berea College: Kentucky is another one of those places that doesn’t seem like it would offer much in the way of small, artsy schools. Somehow, though, this state managed to sprout lovely Berea College, which has a wide range of majors, from the common to the obscure. Students can get degrees in interesting areas like Peace and Social Justice. No matter what you’re studying, it will be made much easier by the free laptop computers that are given to each student. The laptops aren’t the only things that come free, however. Tuition is free for all accepted students! All that has to be paid is room and board, and other small fees. If those are beyond your reach, don’t worry; there’s an excellent work study program to help you make it through.
7. Colorado College: Want to go to school surrounded by the natural beauty of the Rocky Mountains? If so, Colorado College might be just what you’re looking for! This liberal arts school is known for its equally liberal, free-thinking students and for its block scheduling.
8. Kalamazoo College: If you find the name of this school hard to pronounce, just do what the locals do and call it K-College. No matter what name you use, you’ll find this awesome school to be an intriguing place. All freshmen are carefully introduced to college life through the school’s excellent first-year experience programs, and almost every student will complete a K-Plan, which involves studying abroad and taking on a relevant internship for increased job opportunities upon graduation.
9. Hampshire College: If you’re an independent kind of person or have always dreamed of creating your own major around the things you love, then this is your school! Hampshire College, located in Amherst, allows its students to design their own courses of study which, upon approval, can lead to a unique degree that enables the student to do exactly what he or she has always wanted!
10. College of the Atlantic: Located in Bar Harbor, Maine, the College of the Atlantic is the true definition of a hippie, Liberal Arts College. The entire campus is green, operating as a carbon neutral environment. Furthermore, the only degree that can be earned here is one in human ecology. As you might imagine, class sizes are small and everyone is focused on the same planet-saving goals. Sadly, this isn’t one of the cheaper schools on our list, but many feel the price is well worth it.
Rita Sallinger has been teaching college prep classes for over twenty years. One place she has found a wealth of information about online schools and college
has been at justcolleges.com
• Category: General
• Posted by: Lindsey J
or home schooling has been around since the beginning of time. Before the law introduced compulsory main stream school attendance for all children around the world, kids were taught at home by their parents. Some research paper writers
assert that this was especially prevalent in regions such as Alaska, where children living in remote areas just could not get to school every day.
Missionaries and other expat service families kept their children at home, and taught them everything they needed to know, mainly because they moved around too much to be able to successfully fit their children into a main stream school.
Home tutoring statistics
These days there are more than 2 million children in home school and home tutor scenarios, and the statistics give real food for thought. It has been documented that there are many children that really do benefit from a home school environment, with reports of lower grade kids, Grade 1- 4 achieving goals one grade higher than their current graded levels.
And it doesn't end there, with Grade 8 children reportedly achieving no less than 4 Grades higher than their current graded levels. In the last few years there is a huge trend developing, with a 15% increase on home tutoring families, exiting the main stream school system each and every year.
The most frequent questions
Parents who are considering taking their children's education into their own hands, obviously have some serious questions, like, could I do it, or where on earth would I start?
You don't need to have a qualification to be able to home tutor your children, and in fact to get the outstanding educational results you seek, it takes a good foundation of complete dedication, research, commitment and seriously hard work to get you there and the statistics speak for themselves.
The Internet today provides us with a sheer abundance of incredible classroom resources and gives us access to all the home tutor and home schooling curriculums out there, no matter what country you are in.
There is a huge amount of support from other parents around the world who are in the same position, thinking about the same things, and dealing with the same issues that you are, and their support will be able to successfully guide you through the start of the process.
Tips and ideas to help through the first steps
Once you have made the very big decision to home tutor your children, you will need to find out about the home schooling laws and regulations set in your specific country, because even though you are at home with your kids, you will still be bound by certain educational regulations and rules that are set by law.
Choosing a Curriculum
Pick a curriculum that you feel will be the best for you family, there are many free resources out there, do your research, speak to other families that are already home tutoring their kids and get a real, comprehensive perspective on how to make this work for your kids at home.
Getting the Support you need
Find a support group within your area; this could be tricky as not all home tutors have the same ideas about home schooling. Find a family or support group that you can connect with, and meet regularly with, to help you manage the pitfalls you may encounter at the beginning of your home tutoring journey.
Planning and Scheduling
Because home tutoring allows a lot more freedom when it comes to lesson structure, you will still need to stick to your schedules and plan accordingly. Here is your chance to custom make your home school routine to meet your family's needs.
Keeping a Record
Keeping a record is paramount to documenting your child's education. Keep a daily note book, or you can even buy a fancy computer program that will tell you what you need to keep a record of and when.
Written by Sonia Jackson. Welcome to my web-site
• Category: General
• Posted by: Sonia